How You Can Help Others Site Index
Walk 4 Hearing (10 Years Anniversary)
The Walk 4 Hearing initiative raises money for local and national organizations providing support for people with hearing loss, while at the same time generating awareness for the issues faced by people in the hearing loss community. Currently, there are 21 walks across the country. Please CLICK on the following link to learn how you can participate in this fun venture: Walk 4 Hearing
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Will you help Hearing Loss Association of America-KY Home Chapter by registering Hearing Loss Association of America KY Home Chapter (NPO number 12384) as your Kroger Community Rewards Organization?
Please understand it is not our intent to compete with other organizations that you may wish to list. Rather, if you have not designated any program, we would hope that you would be willing to help us by going to www.krogercommunityrewards.com and completing the requested information. If you have not registered at Kroger online you may have to do that first. Have your Kroger + card handy.
Kroger’s Community rewards program will donate 4% of what you purchase at Kroger to our chapter.
Our fund raising goals are first to replace the aging borrowed equipment that we use for our meetings and second for our outreach, education, support, and advocacy programs. Please understand that this program will not cost you anything except some time for registering.
Kroger has provided these helpful directions:
* Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
* Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
* If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
* Click on Sign In/Register
* Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
* Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
* You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
* Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
* Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card details.
* Update or confirm your information.
* Enter NPO number NPO 12384 or Hearing Loss Association of America, KY Home Chapter, select organization from list and click on confirm.
* To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
* REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
* Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 866-221-4141, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card details.
* Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
* Each member of your household that has a Kroger + card may need to register.
* This may need to be updated yearly.
I know it may be a burden to ask. If you have friends that don’t have their own rewards project, please ask them to register for community rewards for HLAA KY Home as well. Please pass this on. Thank you!
Hearing Loss Association of America KY Home Chapter Healthfairs and Programs
We are looking for volunteers to help set up for fourth Monday meetings at 4:30 p.m. We are also looking for a volunteer to write our Monthly Newsletter. If you are interested, please contact us! Thank you!
Hearing Aid Recycling
In an effort to provide an affordable option for Kentuckians with hearing impairments to acquire hearing aids, the KAT Network has established a Statewide Hearing Aid Assistance and Reuse Program (SHARP). For more details, CLICK on the following link: Hearing Aid Recycling . Also, CLICK on the following link to hear what local media are saying about this wonderful initiative: Local Media
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is a tax-exempt, charitable organization and is eligible to receive tax deductible contributions under the IRS Code 501(c)(3).
The Kentucky HLAA Chapters are tax-exempt under the umbrella of HLAA.
Mention of products or services on this website does not imply HLAA or HLAA Chapters endorsement, nor does exclusion suggest disapproval.