HLAA 2018 Convention Special Edition - June 2018
* Help you deal with the issues of hearing loss stigma.
* Will help you understand your legal rights as a person with a hearing loss.
* Will teach you coping and communication strategies.
* Will help you adjust and communicate your needs in a “hearing” workplace.
* Will share technologies beyond your hearing aids that will enhance your ability to function in the world.
* Will educate you on technologies and strategies for ensuring your safety.
* Will show you how to stay tuned into family conversations.
* Will suggest strategies for communicating in noisy situations.
* Will show you how to accommodate your hearing loss while traveling.
* Will empower you through exchange of knowledge, encouragement and the sharing of experiences.
* Will alleviate the despair and isolation of hearing loss through their support.
So What's In It For Me?
* Opportunity to participate in hearing loss issues.
* Information such as Hearing Loss Magazine
* Discounts on many items.
* Participation in activities involving hearing loss.
* Local effort is designed to bring educational programs which will enhance your communication skills.
* Please CLICK this link to read about Member Benefits: Member Benefits
Important Links To Help You
* Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA): HLAA NATIONAL New Website!!
* Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (KCDHH): KCDHH
* Kentucky's Statewide Hearing Aid Assistance And Reuse Program (SHARP): SHARP
* Winter Storm Safety Information: Winter Storm Safety Information
The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) is a tax-exempt, charitable organization and is eligible to receive tax deductible contributions under the IRS Code 501(c)(3).
The Kentucky HLAA Chapters are tax-exempt under the umbrella of HLAA.
Mention of products or services on this website does not imply HLAA or HLAA Chapters endorsement, nor does exclusion suggest disapproval.